16 Essential Record Store Day Releases For The August 2020 Drop
Unlike previous years where Record Store Day has taken place on one day in April, circumstances have meant that this year’s celebration of indie stores has not only been moved but split across three months! Across August to October, there will be three different RSD drops, each one including different releases across a variety of genres and snazzy splatter variants.
The first drop takes place tomorrow – August 29 – and sees some of Kerrang!’s favourite bands releasing some truly unique records. Biffy Clyro will release a special 7” in memory of Frightened Rabbit’s Scott Hutchison, with all proceeds going to a mental health charity set up in his name. Elsewhere Motörhead are re-releasing Ace Of Spades on a shaped vinyl for the very first time, Iggy Pop has unveiled a three-vinyl splatter set and Refused’s outrageous BBC Maida Vale session is coming to clear vinyl.
Below we’ve picked out the 16 best releases for rock and metal fans in the August RSD drop. To find your nearest participating store, check the Record Store Day store finder.
- Annihilator – Triple Threat Unplugged (12” picture disc)
- Biffy Clyro – The Modern Leper / Modern Love (7” white vinyl)
- Black Sabbath – Evil Woman / Wicked World & Paranoid / The Wizard (double 7” picture disc)
- Denzel Curry – Bulls On Parade / I Against I (7” double A-Side)
- Dio – Annica (12” picture disc)
- Feeder – Feeling A Moment (10” splatter vinyl)
- Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes – End of Suffering Live to Vinyl (10” blue vinyl)
- Iggy Pop – Kiss My Blood (Live In Paris 1991) (3LP white and red splatter vinyl)
- Jimmy Urine and Serj Tankian – Fuktronic (blue marbled vinyl)
- Judas Priest – British Steel (2LP vinyl)
- The Menzingers – Chamberlain Waits (coloured vinyl)
- Motörhead – Ace Of Spades (7” shaped picture disc)
- Operation Ivy – Energy (black and white split vinyl)
- Opeth – Orchid (2LP pink marbled swirl vinyl)
- Pennywise – The Fuse (orange and black splatter vinyl)
- Refused – Not Fit For Broadcasting (Live At The BBC) (12” clear vinyl)
The next drops take place on September 26 and October 24.
Exclusive: Architects’ Sam Carter on collaborating with Parkway Drive’s Winston McCall, Biffy Clyro’s Simon Neil and Royal Blood’s Mike Kerr on new album For Those That Wish To Exist.
Hayley Williams announces the Petals For Armor: Self-Serenades EP – featuring a brand-new song…