An Important Message From Kerrang!
Since we launched back in 1981, Kerrang! has always aimed to deliver the best rock music coverage anywhere in the world.
Throughout the severe disruption caused by COVID-19 we have continued to do that through kerrang.com, through our video programming, and across our social channels – meaning that we now reach over 40 million music fans around the world each and every month.
We paused the publication of our magazine in April as lockdown took hold, and we were hoping for its return this month. This is not possible due to the on-going suspension of live shows and the disruption of the UK newsstand. Both these factors affect our circulation and advertising revenues. The prospect of a second spike in the virus also makes the idea of publishing a weekly magazine seem irresponsible at this stage.
Our aim is to bring the magazine back as the live scene returns. However, our immediate plan is to bring you more of what you love on kerrang.com.
Alongside our daily news coverage and regular feature content, later this month we will add the following:
• An exclusive digital cover story, featuring brand new interviews and photo shoots, published every Wednesday on this site.
• The most in-depth and authoritative reviews on the planet, published throughout the week.
• More brand new interviews with the artists you love, published every week.
• Features on the best new artists you need to know about right now.
• Brand new video programming including our Face-To-Face series (which continues this week with Bury Tomorrow, and more to come).
We also have a raft of new and exciting projects that we will announce in the next two weeks, so do watch this space…
We also want Kerrang! to be the place where you can express yourself, so please keep an eye on our social channels on how you can get involved with what we do.
We thank you for reading and continuing to support what we do. Music is not paused and neither is Kerrang!. We look forward to serving you and entertaining you every single day as we continue to bring you the best coverage on the planet – and for free.
Stay safe. Stay home. Stay clean.
The greatest British rock star of this generation truly struts his stuff headlining the Friday night of Download Pilot.
Stay up-to-date with everything going on at Download Pilot this weekend: We’ve got reviews, galleries, videos, setlists and more!