How To Play This Month’s Kerrang! Heavy Trivia Quiz
Taking place on Thursday August 6 on Kerrang!’s Facebook and YouTube, we’re putting your knowledge of rock, metal, punk, alternative and much more to the ultimate test.
Your quizmasters are Kerrang!’s Editor Sam Coare and Digital Editor Luke Morton, who return with five more fiendish rounds of different categories – from the year 2000 to a round all about lyrics. But they’re not alone, some of K!’s good friends will be getting in on the action and pitching questions – including Devildriver’s Dez Fafara. Stay tuned for even more artists to be revealed…
Here’s all the information you need to play the quiz itself…
• Tune in at that time and you’ll see a clock with a two-minute countdown allowing you to get your proverbial act together/pour another drink.
• There will be five rounds of nine questions and a picture round (with 10 points available) – meaning that there are a total 55 points up for grabs.
• The subject of the rounds will range from the year so far to guitar heroes.
• You can download your answer sheet here. Don’t forget a funny team name!
• Feel free to join in the conversation on Facebook as you play – the aim is to connect as many rock fans around the world, so we can and break the isolation we’ve all felt during lockdown.
• You can also share your quiz experience on social media using #KerrangHeavyTrivia.
• Those of you that do will be entered into a prize draw to win a bottle of Iowa No. 9 (see terms and conditions below).
• There is no prize for winning the quiz – but we urge you to play against your friends and family in order for your to be crowned a metal genius by those who know you best.
• The quiz will last about an hour so do get the snacks and drinks in – although we urge you to drink responsibly, of course.
• The quiz answers will be posted on the Kerrang! website as soon as the quiz has finished.
Don’t worry if you miss the quiz once it’s premiered, you can play it whenever you want as it will stay on our Facebook and YouTube.
We urge you to spread the word about the quiz as far and wide as you can in order to get as many people celebrating heavy music as possible. That is the aim of this who endeavour: to bring people together when we are all so far apart.
Thanks to Knotfest and Iowa No. 9 for getting involved and making the whole thing possible, and to all the musicians who have contributed, too. You can find out more about Slipknot Whiskey here. 21+ only.
Terms & conditions for Iowa No.9 competition
There is no reward for playing the Kerrang! Heavy Trivia Quiz.
You must be 21+ to play and be entered into the prize draw. Proof of age will be required to claim any prize.
1. Supply of prize: Kerrang! is the promoter of the competition, and Iowa No. 9 are the provider of the prizes.
2. Iowa No. 9 grants Kerrang! the right to offer the prize for the competition.
3. The prize is described as a bottle of Iowa No. 9.
4. Kerrang! will inform the competition winners if they have won and secure their delivery details, and Iowa No. 9 will be responsible for despatching the prize to the winners.
5. All transfer of information will be governed by the Data Protection Legislation, and will not be shared with third parties by Kerrang! or Iowa No.9
6. Iowa No. 9 is responsible for ensuring that the prize complies with applicable laws, health and safety legislation, trading and other industry standard regulations.
7. The closing date of the competition is August 14, 2020.