Machine Gun Kelly And Travis Barker Cover Killing In The Name For Black Lives Matter
Not for the first time this year, Machine Gun Kelly and blink-182 drummer Travis Barker have collaborated on a cover together – but this is easily their most important yet, teaming up for Rage Against The Machine’s Killing In The Name.
Having both joined George Floyd protests in the days that passed since his death, now the musicians have unleashed a cover of Rage’s powerful protest anthem – a song that covered the topics of police brutality and institutional racism almost three decades ago.
Sadly, as Machine Gun Kelly writes, “They wrote this song in 1992. It’s been 28 years since and every word still applies.”
Following the death of George on May 25, MGK took to Twitter to say, “Fuck white privilege. I’m ashamed someone who looks like me could treat another human like this, but they been doing it since the beginning of time. Our generation has be the one’s to stop it. My loyalty’s with the people. Fuck the system. Fight the system.”
The video for Machine Gun Kelly and Travis’ Killing In The Name cover features the pair both in the studio and out on the streets, with collaborator YUNGBLUD also appearing in the protest footage.
Check it out below:
Wondering how you can make a difference?
• Donate to George Floyd’s memorial fund.
• Fight for Breonna Taylor, a first responder who was killed in her bed by police searching for drugs that were never found.
• Help the family of Ahmaud Arbery, a black man who was shot while jogging.
• Donate to the community bail funds of protestors.
• Head over to Movement For Black Lives.
• Connect with leaders building grassroots campaigns.
• And check out these anti-racism resources.
blink-182’s Travis Barker has proposed to Kourtney Kardashian, with the happy couple sharing some romantic snaps of their engagement online…
From Captain America to Buzz Lightyear! Chris Evans says his latest role voicing the Toy Story hero’s origin tale is “a dream come true”…