Ozzy Osbourne Cancels Tour Dates to Recover From Pneumonia
“Ozzy recently developed pneumonia and has spent some time in hospital,” said Ozzy’s wife and manager Sharon Osbourne. “He is through the worst part.
“His doctors have advised that he stay at home to recuperate for full six weeks.”
Ozzy was due to headline Download Australia on 9 and 11 March in Sydney and Melbourne respectively.
“Ozzy’s health and wellbeing is number one. We wish Ozzy all the best in his recovery and hope he is back to full health as soon as possible,” said the festival in a statement posted on Facebook.
“It is impossible to replace Ozzy Osbourne at any time, but three weeks out from Download there is no chance of us securing an act to replace the headline slot.
“We are pleased to announce Aussie hard rock kings, Airbourne will join the Download lineup and thank them for joining us with such short notice.”
Last week, it was revealed that Ozzy had been released from ICU and was breathing on his own again.
“I just want to say a huge thank you to everybody that has reached out with good wishes,” said Sharon at the time. “He is overcome by the response that he’s had, and it’s kind of bittersweet because he’s so overwhelmed with it, but he’s sad too.”
The postponed UK and European shows are expected to be rescheduled for September, but there has been no word on the Australia, New Zealand and Japan shows.
Ozzy has announced the cancelation of shows in Australia, New Zealand & Japan. “Ozzy recently developed pneumonia &… https://t.co/ikFt6b15de— Ozzy Osbourne (@OzzyOsbourne) Tue Feb 19 05:42:39 +0000 2019
Sharon Osbourne has revealed the emotional impact that Ozzy’s bad health is having on him
We examine Incubus’ video for their turn-of-the-millennium smash Pardon Me