SeeYouSpaceCowboy announce new album, drop lead single Misinterpreting Constellations
The band will drop their second LP – the follow-up to 2019 debut The Correlation Between Entrance And Exit Wounds – on November 5 via Pure Noise, and it features a couple of very cool guests: Every Time I Die dude Keith Buckley, Underøath’s Aaron Gillespie, plus previous collaborators If I Die First on the title-track, and SHAOLIN G. Oh yeah, and on top of that, Knocked Loose’s Isaac Hale produced the whole thing!
“The album is a reflection on the last couple of years of our lives; It serves as a tongue in cheek, but genuine look at what it means to struggle through adversity while trying to find some beauty in it all,” explains vocalist Connie Sgarbossa. “It’s about making art about parts of our lives that are ugly and how that seems to resonate the most with people.
“What it means to be in love with someone as well as the substances that are killing you both, what it means to use sex as a way to try to feel content and loved but without a true connection that instead makes you feel more isolated. The poetic nature of writing songs about addiction only to almost die of an overdose a few weeks later. It’s a pretty coat of paint on a crumbling structure.”
Get a taste of what’s to come with lead single Misinterpreting Constellations below – which Connie calls “a look back at actions you viewed as a romantic situation, and still do to an extent, but being able to realise that ‘love at all cost’ maybe wasn’t the healthiest thing for yourself, them or other”:
See the full album tracklist:
1. Life As A Soap Opera Plot, 26 Years Running (ft. Keith Buckley)
2. Misinterpreting Constellations
3. The End To A Brief Moment of Lasting Intimacy
4. Sharpen What You Can (ft. SHAOLIN G)
5. With Arms That Bind and Lips That Lock
6. Losing Sight Of The Exit…
7. …And My Faded Reflection In Your Eyes
8. Intersecting Storylines To The Same Tragedy (ft. Aaron Gillespie)
9. Ouroboros As An Overused Metaphor
10. Anything To Take Me Anywhere But Here
11. The Peace in Disillusion
12. Melodrama Between Two Entirely Bored Individuals
13. The Romance Of Affliction (ft. If I Die First)
And the artwork:
Kentucky maulers Knocked Loose showcase new levels of dynamism and devastation as they drag us through A Tear In The Fabric Of Life…
YUNGBLUD will be taking his Life On Mars tour to North America early next year with support from Palaye Royale, Charlotte Sands, poutyface and UPSAHL.