The Answers To This Month’s Kerrang! Heavy Trivia Quiz
Whether you took part in the quiz love or you’re catching up in your own time, thank you so much for tuning in and being a part of the biggest rock and metal quiz night of all time. If you haven’t played the quiz and just stumbled across these answers, you can take part here!
As you know, there were a total six rounds (including a picture round) and a total of 55 points available. There’s one point for each correct answer and there are two points per question in the picture round. It’s up to you if you’re handing out half-points, it depends how generous you’re feeling.
And remember it’s the taking part that counts… although it’s a good feeling to know you’re a bigger rock and metal fan than your mates.
Here are the answers to the Kerrang! Heavy Trivia Quiz. Let us know how you did on social media using #KerrangHeavyTrivia. Those of you that do will be entered into a prize draw to win a bottle of Iowa No. 9 (see terms and conditions below).
Kerrang! Heavy Trivia Quiz Answers
Round One: 2020 So Far…
1. b) In The End
2. c) Catastrophist
3. d) Wylde, Black Label Society
4. d) Rob Halford
5. b) The Simpsons
6. a) Sweden
7. a) Marilyn Manson
8. d) Crab
9. b) Gerard Way
Round Two: Lyrics
1. b) ‘My embryo’
2. b) 16
3. c) Billie Joe Armstrong
4. d) The Fight Song
5. a) Hallowed Be Thy Name
6. b) Good Charlotte
7. d) Laura Jane Grace, Against Me!
8. c) ‘With my mind’
9. c) When
Round Three: The 2000s
1. c) The Dillinger Escape Plan
2. c) San Quentin
3. a) Brave New World
4. b) Sunflower
5. d) Steal This Album
6. a) Year Zero
7. b) Biggest circle pit
8. d) The Patient
9. b) Moby Dick
Round Four: Guitar Heroes
1. a) Eddie Van Halen
2. b) Aerosmith
3. d) Adam Jones, Tool
4. c) Stoke-on-Trent
5. a) Wrestling
6. a) Germany
7. d) Exodus
8. b) Duck walk
9. c) Killer Be Killed
Round Five: Slipknot
1. b) 4
2. b) ‘You cannot kill what you did not create’
3. d) .5: The Gray Chapter
4. b) Downe
5. c) A plant
6. a) Red
7. a) ‘Slipknot’
8. b) The Heretic Anthem
9. c) Scissors
Picture Round (one point for artist, one point for song title)
1. Guns N’ Roses – November Rain
2. Soundgarden – Black Hole Sun
3. Code Orange – Swallowing The Rabbit Whole
4. Parkway Drive – Crushed
5. Smashing Pumpkins – Tonight, Tonight
Thanks to Knotfest and Iowa No. 9 for getting involved and making the whole thing possible, and to all the musicians who have contributed, too. You can find out more about Slipknot Whiskey here. 21+ only.
Terms & conditions for Iowa No.9 competition
There is no reward for playing the Kerrang! Heavy Trivia Quiz.
You must be 21+ to play and be entered into the prize draw. Proof of age will be required to claim any prize.
1. Supply of prize: Kerrang! is the promoter of the competition, and Iowa No. 9 are the provider of the prizes.
2. Iowa No. 9 grants Kerrang! the right to offer the prize for the competition.
3. The prize is described as a bottle of Iowa No. 9.
4. Kerrang! will inform the competition winners if they have won and secure their delivery details, and Iowa No. 9 will be responsible for despatching the prize to the winners.
5. All transfer of information will be governed by the Data Protection Legislation, and will not be shared with third parties by Kerrang! or Iowa No. 9.
6. Iowa No. 9 is responsible for ensuring that the prize complies with applicable laws, health and safety legislation, trading and other industry standard regulations.
7. The closing date of the competition is August 14, 2020.
Watch the video for You Me At Six’s new single Beautiful Way, taken from their upcoming seventh album SUCKAPUNCH.
Boston Manor will be performing at their hometown’s iconic Blackpool Tower in October.