Rage Against The Machine On Preventing Ticket Scalpers For Upcoming Reunion Tour

Ahead of tickets going on sale tomorrow, Rage Against The Machine have explained how they will be making sure fans will have the best chance of seeing the band on their reunion tour this year.

Rage Against The Machine On Preventing Ticket Scalpers For Upcoming Reunion Tour

Following the announcement of their huge reunion tour across North America and Europe this year, Rage Against The Machine have addressed how they plan to combat scalpers ahead of tickets going on sale tomorrow.

What's most notable is that, bar various festivals which have different on-sale dates, over-priced Rage tickets have already somehow gone up on secondary ticketing sites – despite the fact that tickets for the band's headline dates aren't available to purchase yet. But Rage have stressed that they are doing everything they can to "protect 90 per cent of the RATM tickets from scalpers", with the remaining 10 per cent being sold at a higher price – "but low enough to undercut the scalpers". The extra money from these tickets in particular will be donated to charities and activist organisations in each city.

Check out their full explanation below:

“Since the announcement of our tour, scalpers and broker sites have been listing fake tickets for RATM. We want to do everything we can to protect our fans from predatory scalping and, at the same time, raise a substantial amount of money for charities and activist organizations we support in each city. At many concerts, up to 50% of the seating is scooped up by scalpers and then resold to fans at much higher fees.

"We are doing everything we can to protect 90% of the RATM tickets from scalpers and then WE are holding in reserve 10% of the seating (random seats throughout each venue) to sell at a higher ticket price (but low enough to undercut the scalpers) We will donate 100% OF THE MONEY over the base ticket price to charities and activist organizations IN EACH CITY.

"We are confident this will help many more fans get tickets at face value and put a big dent in the aftermarket gouging. WE HATE SCALPING AS MUCH AS YOU DO and will continue to try to find ways to combat it. Additionally, we are donating all profits from our first three shows to immigrants’ rights organizations and will be supporting multiple charities and activist organizations throughout the tour.”

Read this next: Can Rage Against The Machine’s reunion affect U.S. politics in 2020?

Catch Rage Against The Machine at the following dates this year:


26 El Paso, TX @ Don Haskins Center
28 Las Cruces, NM @ Pan American Center
30 Glendale, AZ @ Gila River Arena


10 Indio, CA @ Coachella
17 Indio, CA @ Coachella
21 Oakland, CA @ Oakland Arena
25 Portland, OR @ Moda Center
28 Tacoma, WA @ Tacoma Dome


1 Vancouver, BC @ Pacific Coliseum at the PNE
3 Edmonton, AB @ Rogers Place
5 Calgary, AB @ Scotiabank Saddledome
7 Winnipeg, MB @ Bell MTS Place
9 Sioux Falls, SD @ Denny Sanford Premier Center
11 Minneapolis, MN @ Target Center
14 Kansas City, MO @ Sprint Center
16 St. Louis, MO @ Enterprise Center
19 Chicago, IL @ United Center
23 Boston, MA @ Boston Calling


19 Dover, DE @ Firefly


10 East Troy, WI @ Alpine Valley Music Theatre
13 Detroit, MI @ Little Caesars Arena
17 Ottawa, ON @ Ottawa Bluesfest
18 Festival d’Été de Québec @ Festival d’Été de Québec
21 Hamilton, ON @ FirstOntario Centre
23 Toronto, ON @ Scotiabank Arena
27 Buffalo, NY @ KeyBank Center
29 Cleveland, OH @ Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse
31 Pittsburgh, PA @ PPG Paints Arena


2 Raleigh, NC @ PNC Arena
4 Washington DC @ Capital One Arena
7 Camden, NJ @ BB&T Pavilion
10 New York, NY @ Madison Square Garden
11 New York, NY @ Madison Square Garden
28 Leeds, UK @ Leeds Festival
30 Reading, UK @ Reading Festival


1 Paris, France @ Rock En Seine Festival
4 Stradbally Laois, Ireland @ Electric Picnic Festival
6 Berlin, Germany @ Lollapalooza Berlin Festival
8 Prague, Czech Republic @ O2 Arena
10 Krakow, Poland @ Tauron Arena

Tickets go on sale at 11am local time on Thursday, February 13, at

Now read these

The best of Kerrang! delivered straight to your inbox three times a week. What are you waiting for?