DevilDriver Are Releasing A New Record Of ‘Outlaw Country-Gone-Metal Anthems’
DevilDriver have announced the release of Outlaws ’Til The End, an album of ‘outlaw country-gone-metal anthems’.
The California metallers will be dropping the record on July 6 via Napalm Records, and they’ve unveiled a brilliantly star-studded tracklist (Wednesday 13; 36 Crazyfists frontman Brock Lindow; Randy Blythe and Mark Morton of Lamb Of God) to boot, too.
“I think real music has always gotten to me, whether it’s the blues or even real goth music like Bauhaus and Sisters Of Mercy, as well as outlaw country greats like Johnny Cash, Wayne “The Train” Hancock, and Willie Nelson,” says frontman Dez Fafara of the project. “That stuff has always attracted me, and this is absolutely the real McCoy. The blues and outlaw country are what made rock’n’roll. They were around before rock’n’roll… and in my head, I’ve always heard these songs heavy.”
Meanwhile, of the album’s special guests, Dez says: “I knew right away that I wanted to have guests on this record, and the first guest I wanted was John Carter Cash. I didn’t want this thing to exist without John, without Hank3 or without Randy [Blythe]. Basically, there were a certain amount of guests that I definitely wanted on it, but as I kept asking people, everyone kept saying yes! Randy and Mark [Morton] are both from the country and they were immediately on board. With John, we wound up talking for two hours when we first met, all about his love of heavy metal and my love of outlaw country and my love of his dad’s music. All he wanted to do was talk about metal and all I wanted to do was talk about outlaw country. It was the craziest thing.”
Pre-order Outlaws ’Til The End here, and check out a teaser below.
The Outlaws ’Til The End tracklist is as follows:
1. Country Heroes – Written by Hank3 (Performed by Hank3 & Dez Fafara)
2. Whiskey River – Written by Willie Nelson (Performed by Randy Blythe, Mark Morton of Lamb of God & Dez Fafara)
3. Outlaw Man – Written by The Eagles (Performed by Dez Fafara & Neal Tiemann of DevilDriver)
4. Ghost Riders in the Sky – Written by Stan Jones (Performed by John Carter Cash, Ana Cristina Cash, Randy Blythe & Dez Fafara)
5. I’m the Only Hell Mama Ever Raised – Written by Johnny Paycheck (Performed by Dez Fafara & DevilDriver)
6. If Drinking Don’t Kill Me – Written by George Jones (Performed by Wednesday 13 & Dez Fafara)
7. The Man Comes Around – Written by Johnny Cash (Performed by Lee Ving of FEAR & Dez Fafara)
8. A Thousand Miles from Nowhere – Written by Dwight Yoakam (Performed by Dez Fafara & Neal Tiemann of DevilDriver)
9. Copperhead Road – Written by Steve Earle (Performed by Brock Lindow of 36 Crazyfists & Dez Fafara)
10. Dads Gonna Kill Me – Written by Richard Thompson (Performed by Burton C. Bell of Fear Factory & Dez Fafara)
11. A Country Boy Can Survive – Written by Hank Jr. (Performed by Dez Fafara & DevilDriver)
12. The Ride – Written by David Allan Coe (Performed by Lee Ving of FEAR & Dez Fafara)
On the anniversary of its release, rock and metal musicians pay homage to Korn’s Follow The Leader.
WILLOW and Avril Lavigne join forces in their new video for G R O W – which also features a surprise guest appearance from KennyHoopla…